Thursday, August 5, 2010

"hey-oh, lets go"

Looks like my luck with playing the game of grownup is turning around little by little for the time being.

Big boy Magee is now officially employed. I won't go to work everyday and sit in a cubicle. I won't go to work every day in a lumber yard. I won't be payed to write (or maybe I will from time to time, we will talk about that soon) but I did stumble upon a job that will give me ample amount of hours along with a paycheck bigger than anything I have right now; which is of course nothing. I will also wear a purple shirt every single day to work. Us beggars can't be choosers now can we?

It is weird how things fall into our laps. At one point in the last month I was a phone call away from begging my dear mother to let me shack up at my parents house. Instead I marched on with the ever so tedious and frustrating adult life search.

I applied to ten places online. One of these places I decided to just stop by and see what they had going on. The supervisor saw me and saw me resume in hand. I filled out a application and interview one was finished in ten minutes. Interview two with the president of the company was set for three days later. With my great charm and famous scent I wooed the president into giving me a job. I also convinced him that giving me some time off to explore sports radio endeavors with the Siena men's basketball team come winter time was the right thing to do. We will see if he is singing the same tune come November.

With one job in another job is out. I worked a total of two days at Saratoga. I sweated so much that people looked at me like it may be a health problem. Three years ago I made cash there. Three years ago I was a waiter. Present time had me as a busser in a section that was struggling to breathe. To all the go getter's out there that stuck it out in Toga God Bless you. I hope you put your money in the bank and don't bet on the gray horses... They NEVER win.

In the process of applying for nearly every single job I came across on the Internet one struck gold with me. The ad read "HOT NEW FREE LANCE WRITER NEEDED TO WRITE SPORTS REVIEWS, MOVIE REVIEWS, AND BOOK REVIEWS." This ad was telling me it would pay me by the word to write for their online magazine. Immediately I applied and sent writing samples. I informed them that I was their guy and I was ready to sling words at them whenever they asked. I promptly received a email the following morning. They were intrigued. They then asked me a series of questions pertaining to how I would be able to reach gay and lesbian readers, and if I would be comfortable covering these kind of events. Apparently in my rapid fire method of applying for jobs I missed the fact that this was a gay and lesbian online magazine. I have yet to respond to the email that was sent to me a couple days ago, and I owe it to them to respond. I still am not sure what I will say. I love writing and would love to do it for money, even if it were chump change. But I also don't know if my writing has reached this kind of versatility yet. Maybe it is better if I leave that job up to someone who is more comfortable.

I am now one class away from saying goodbye to this place as a academic haven. I need a "C" in this class, and my friend the sign language teacher knows this. I got a 93 on a recent quiz and plan on hanging it up in my new apartment. Well, I hope it is my new apartment, my application is currently pending. Apparently things like credit and proof of salary are vital in the real world. Lets hope for the best, otherwise I will be crashing on a couch near you in just a few days.

I almost got all hot and bothered the other day while walking in Washington Park with my girlfriend. Two men who were clearly high on life on something other than natural air began trying to hold a conversation with us. We politely said hi and kept walking. Next thing I know a dirty and derogatory term was slurred out of one of the drunks mouth at my girlfriend. If it wasn't for head injuries and the possibility of concealed weapons I may have turned around for a good old fashioned mid day afternoon brawl in the park. As of this moment I am glad I decided to continue to walk away. My late grandfather who was a amateur boxer always stressed staying away from bare knuckled brawls. Setting this great piece of advice aside for a brief moment, I have been giving some serious thought to getting my own concealed weapon. A samurai sword seems to suit me just fine. Lets face it people, nobody messes around with a guy carrying around a sword.

Well the whole world isn't angry and corrupt. Over the past two days I have acquired seven Stephen King novels free of charge from two different sources. To the kind souls who still read this blog, take care and stay lucky.

Check it out: Inception

No comments:

Post a Comment