Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Burnt To A Crisp On A Lake In Western New York... Burning Alive In Albany New York

Hello July- I hate you.

June was nice. Alot of people complained about you June, and I was one of them. The weather here in the Capital District was schizophrenic. The days were strange. It was sunny, it was cloudy, it was rainy, it was muggy, it was mildly hot, and there were a few thunderstorms. "What does it take to get some consistent weather?" many of us asked.
Now July is here. A month reserved for American pride and summer lounging. Well I'll tell you what July- The first person I meet that feels like showing any ounce of pride or any ambition to lounge in this weather I will feel like slapping them right across the forehead. Well pride is okay, if you have the mental and physical toughness to do that in this heat, God bless you, and America.


This past weekend I was called home for a couple of great reasons. A car was available for my belonging and at twenty three, is a neccesity. This weekend was also a family celebration for us.My little brother turned twenty yesterday and we all ate cake (another plus). While I was home I was invited to a fourth of July celebration with great high school friends on Canadagiua Lake. Two days of swimming, eating beans, and swimming in a lake that felt more like a bathtub than a lake- What is there not to love there? Well friends I have inherrited some sensitive Irish skin. I love my heritage, minus the whole misconception of being a short fused Irishmen who is constiently looking for trouble, being Irish is great.

Then there is the skin and the sun problem. I applied sun screen, oh yes I applied it, I even have witnesses. However apparently it was not applied well enough. I woke up on the fourth of July with no shirt on and my skin sticking to the floor with which I called home for a night sleep. When I stood up I could have sworn half of my skin was still on the floor. Now I'm burnt bad. I now have sun blisters on my chest and a farmers tan that could make my red neck friends in Boise Idaho proud. I guess I could be to blame. I had alot of fun on July 3rd, maybe to much fun. I felt the sun doing it's deed. It found my Irish skin early in the day and latched onto it hard. I kept my shirt on for the fourth, and plan on keeping it on for the rest of July.

I returned to Albany yesterday to find the heat following me. Not only was the heat following me, it was getting even hotter. On the news they are suggesting elderly folk to stay in doors for the next couple days. Now here is my question: What defines elderly? In my book it is twenty three in older, giving me a pass to stay inside and do as I please in the own discomfort of my room, avoiding the ultra violet rays that wait outside. My suggestion to anyone reading this is don't "man up" and go outside. Stay inside people. Find a wet towel, put it on your forehead, and give thanks for the cooler days of September. Or you can hope that July takes a note from its neighbor June, and decides to take some days off. I've never prayed for rain so much in my life.
Sorry I'm a complainer, I have sun poisioning and don't have a job.

Your friend,Cory The Lobster

Today's suggestion: Is this even a question? I guess you should find a COLD pool, lake, or ocean, and go swimming- WITH A SHIRT ON.

No comments:

Post a Comment