Monday, June 7, 2010

Basketball tournaments have turned into my nightmare...but a few people help wake me up

For the third consecutive weekend I worked an AAU basketball tournament again. I love basketball, I've known this since I was six, but these tournaments have turned into a chour and I am begining to hate everything that has to do with AAU basketball. Kids make funny faces at officals (HUH like I ever did that), they push over trash cans in the middle of games, they absent mindedly pour water on floors, play zero defense, and dribble entirely too much.

Parents are one of three things: 1. Angry... 2. Real Angry... or the rarity.... 3. Supportive and there just to watch their son play in the heat.

Coaches could go a couple of ways as well.... 1. Angry... 2. Over anxious and really curious about the rules that were sent to him a week in advanced... rules which I've never seen or could care less to ever see... 3. This coach really grindes my gears into a bundle: This guy is trying to be the next John Calipari, while trying to make his son LeBron. This is all happening while he is disregarding the immediate development of everyone else on the team.... and finally 4. The guy I love, who is in it for all the right reasons... I usually see this guy every three games or so and I am usually to tired and mad at the rest of the gym to really appreciate him...OK gripe time is over... To all the people/kids who do things the right way and with smile on their face, thank you, because you're the only thing keeping this guy appreciating youth basketball from time to time.

I have developed somewhat of a routine with this blog: I'm tired of history lets write for a half hour. Well this holds true today, however I have some good news people. The monster that is summer history is quickly turning the corner. I got a 88 on my last quiz, the mid term didn't go half as bad as I thought, yet I'm still not open to posting my grade, and come this Friday at 6:00 P.M. I will be 3 credits closer to that nice piece of paper that serves as a ticket to being a grown up.

For any TV junkies out there I am chomping at the bit for two shows starting new seasons at the end of June.

The more and more I fall in love with reading the less time I watch TV. However these two shows are just a joy to follow.

The first is HBO's Entourage which portrays the life of fame and fortune and leads us all to believe being famous is the way to go. Anyways Vince, Drama, Turtle, and Eric are back again for a seventh season. I have yet to research this, but I'm guessing this could be the second to last season, with a predicted final episode going like this: Vince wins an Oscar and settles down with a girl next door type, Drama finds true love to FINALLY produce mini Dramas with while landing one final big role, Turtle starts his own buisness and his relationship with Meadow Soprano survives, and E finds his niche, starts his own family, and becomes successful ... Anyways check it out if you're bored on a Sunday evening and are fortunate enough to have HBO... This is another problem for me.

The second must see of the summer is of course Rescue Me. I hate Dennis Leary's damn truck commercials, but on last season of this show he was bleeding out at a bar surrounded by friends who could do nothing but watch... Who shot him? His crazy drunken Irish uncle that's who. A great show filled with drama that potrays a struggiling NYC firefighter who lost friends in 9/11, a tragedy that he survived. Check it out, it's on FX, a channel I am fortunate enough to have.

Well it's onto studying maps and making plans for the real world. Hennepin Hall can only hold me for so long, and I am currently looking for places with a buddy of mine for monthly prices that most NBA players make for showing up to the arena on time.

Endorsement: Check out three guards at Siena I like that have played together ALOT in pick up this summer and have been feeding of each other like Sonny and Cher... Two of them are named Kyle, and one has a habbit of hitting threes from NBA range.

No comments:

Post a Comment